Education and Training
Over 18 years of clinical private practice experience:
- Masters Degree - Marriage and Family Therapy, CSU Sacramento
- Bachelors Degree - Psychology, CSU Sacramento
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist - Washington State and California
- Certified Somatic Transformation Practitioner
- YogaFit for Warriors Teacher (Trauma Sensitive Yoga)
In addition, I hold the following certificates:
- Compassion Fatigue
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Adult Attachment Trauma
- Disaster Field Traumatology
With an integrative approach to healing, I have spent many post-graduate years studying and applying the concepts of Somatically-oriented approaches which include:
- Attachment Theory (Child and Adult)
- Developmental Neurobiology
- Mindfulness and Mindful Meditation
- Neurobiology of Trauma
- Somatic Transformation
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga
These concepts inform the approach I use with private clients, as well as, in group settings working with individuals, couples, and families in both the Military and Civilian Populations.
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)
- Washington Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (WAMFT)
- Bainbridge Island Psychotherapy Guild (BIPG)
For many years, I have been a Disaster Mental Health Provider for the American Red Cross, and a member of the Medical Reserve Corp for the Kitsap County Department of Emergency Management. In addition, I am currently serving as the Mental Health Chair for Bainbridge Prepares, a citizen-lead team whose mission is to educate and prepare the community members for disasters.
Through these volunteer roles, I am actively involved in local, regional, and national disasters, and hold multiple specialized certifications in disaster mental health to support these efforts.
- Bainbridge Island Psychotherapy Guild - Board Member
- Give an Hour - Provider
- Soldier's Project - Provider
- American Red Cross - Provider
- Bainbridge Prepares - Psychological First Aid Team Chair
- KCDEM Medical Reserve Corp - Provider
- KCDEM Community Emergency Response Team
I'd like to invite you now to take the next courageous step toward healing.